OldArchive / Good Old Days

Good Old Days

News items of timely interest gathered from the old files of The WYALUSING ROCKET and reprinted as they were in the June 25, 1981 issue.

Work has begun on the expansion at St. Mary’s Church in Wyalusing. Father Feldcamp, pastor, estimated the overall cost between $100,000 to $125,000.

Paulette Potter of Terrytown has been appointed curator of the Wyalusing Valley Museum Association.

Duane Smith, a 1981 graduate of Wyalusing Valley High School, has been accepted and plans to attend Oberlin Conservatory of Music in Oberlin, Ohio.

***

Local farmer Wayne Felter, upon delivering a large bale of hay, accidentally dropped it in front of Kilmer Insurance Building on State Street in Wyalusing.

The FWM Fire Company in Mehoopany gearing up for their annual Fourth of July celebration. A parade at 10:30 a.m. and square dance at 9 p.m. ends the day.

Navy Aviation Anti-submarine Warfare Operator Airman John Brown, son of Alice R. and John Brown, Jr. of Wyalusing Rt. 1, has reported for duty aboard the aircraft carrier, USS Enterprise.

 


Bosworth’s Store in 1907Once one of LeRaysville’s most prosperous businesses, Bosworth’s Store is pictured in 1907. Those posing in front of the store include: (left to right) store co-owner Hugh Bosworth, Miles Overpeck, Mable Clark, W.A. Corbin, John Beecher, Arthur Bosworth and Harry Bosworth, co-owner. Arthur Bosworth, a brother of Hugh and Harry, was not involved in the business. The store was a center for clothing, dry goods and general merchandise. The stately home on the right was one of LeRaysville’s most beautiful dwellings until it was destroyed by fire in 1930.  Bosworth’s Store in 1907Once one of LeRaysville’s most prosperous businesses, Bosworth’s Store is pictured in 1907. Those posing in front of the store include: (left to right) store co-owner Hugh Bosworth, Miles Overpeck, Mable Clark, W.A. Corbin, John Beecher, Arthur Bosworth and Harry Bosworth, co-owner. Arthur Bosworth, a brother of Hugh and Harry, was not involved in the business. The store was a center for clothing, dry goods and general merchandise. The stately home on the right was one of LeRaysville’s most beautiful dwellings until it was destroyed by fire in 1930.  

Return to top

Copyright 2011-2014 Rocket-Courier. All rights reserved.