Main Street 1926Here’s a look at Wyalusing’s Main Street as it appeared in a photo snapped by the late John R. Welles on Sept. 10, 1926. It was a time when angled parking was the custom on Main Street, and the small storefront that today is Bendinsky’s Barbershop (on the right next to Enterprise Store) was under construction. There’s a gas pump along the sidewalk on the left of the photo, which presumably was used by Wyalusing’s General Motors Dealer, Taylor McCarty and Sons. The Wyalusing Hotel’s sign is partially visible on the left, where a young lad is getting pulled down the sidewalk in a wagon. On the right, some folks are seated on a second story porch overlooking the street on what was apparently a lovely day on Main Street.
Copyright 2011-2013 Rocket-Courier. All rights reserved.